Firefighters have been referred to as to the fireplace simply after 6am on Monday. (File picture)
A person has been take to hospital with severe accidents after an early-morning blaze in a flat in Christchurch.
Fireplace and Emergency New Zealand spokesman Andrew Norris mentioned three crews have been referred to as to a fireplace at a two-storey flat on Curzon Pl in Parklands simply after 6am on Monday.
The blaze had been extinguished, but it surely brought on “intensive harm” to the primary flooring, Norris mentioned.
The person who was critically injured was considered the one particular person within the property on the time of the blaze. Norris mentioned he had been taken to hospital as a result of smoke inhalation.
It’s unclear what brought on the fireplace, however a fireplace investigator is onsite.